Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thank you...Potty...

Although I do owe the potty a thank you for giving me a break from changing diapers (at least for the next 5 months), this is actually 2 non related posts in 1 !!

The other day I asked Allie if she wanted to make her dad a Thank You card for all he does for her and she loved the idea (I think partly because it meant using glue). So, I helped her make it and then asked her what she wanted to thank her dad for and here are her answers:
THANK YOU FOR...
  • going driving together
  • making me laugh
  • wrestling with me
  • being the best
  • being incredibly nice
  • caring about the baby
  • lots of things, like driving.
She loves the way her dad drives and also probably the sight of her panicked mother in the front seat as he goes way too fast around corners (because "It's an all-wheel drive, Cara. That's what it is made for.") I am suddenly stricken with flash backs of family vacations and hearing my mother saying, "Clint! Clint! Slow down! This is your family in the car!"

And, here is the proud little potty-goer with her first (and only) potty chart! She caught on amazingly quick. As Jeff put it, she was "over-ripe" for all this big girl stuff. I think it was me who wasn't ready yet. But, I am so glad to have passed this step! I remember holding Allie as a newborn and thinking how glad I was that I had years ahead of me before I had to potty train her, and now we have been there done that!

7 comments:

The Chapple's said...

I can not tell you how JEALOUS I am of you and the success with potty training. Reegan is a hard one and can't seem to get the #2 thing down. I am so tired of changing two kids with diapers!! Life is just not fair!:) - Tara

Erin said...

That was so cute she wanted to make a card for her daddy!! I hear you on the potty training end of things. I was so nervous to start trying. Cam was the one who kept wanting to do it or else I don't think it would have ever gotten done! People would tell me horror stories don't ask me why and I didn't want to have to deal with it. I'm so glad you get to have a break for at least a little while!! I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to find out what you are having!!! Take care you!

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

She is such a cute little girl. Great idea to have her make a thank you card! I think I will do that in nursery this weekend. Good job on the potty training!

Terri said...

She's so big. I am glad the potty stuff went so well! I love her card to Jeff, that's so sweet!

Carrie said...

Great idea with the card. I'm glad potty training is still going so well. Danny's regressed a little the last several days . . . aaaargh, but I'm stickin' with it anyway. I didn't realize how LONG Allie's hair is. What a big girl!

Kelli said...

Allie is so stinkin' cute! She looks SO old to me and it's only been a few weeks since we saw her last...Maybe because she has the potty thing down now, she's just all grown up! Before you know it she'll be driving like Jeff around the corners! What a cutie pa tootie!

carroll family said...

kaden loves it when keldon drives too. he sits in the back and says, 'weeeeee'. and, i do the same thing, 'honey, slow down' and think of mom saying, 'clint! clint!' so funny!! I can hear her now :)