Thursday, May 7, 2009

Redemption...

Allie and I made confetti cupcakes this afternoon. This was my attempt to redeem myself as a nice, fun mom. It has been one of "those" days...tell me that you have had those too?! I'm not sure what her deal is today, but I'm praying it's a 24 hour kind of thing. Only a couple hours into the morning I started looking on the internet for preschools, Mother's Day Out, anything!! And, to add to the mix, after weeks of feeling normal and being able to keep my stomach contents down, today has been a different story. Blah.. Hopefully, we will both forget about this day other than the fun we had making cupcakes for our (pretend) My Little Pony Party!


5 comments:

Phil said...

What a cute mommy you are. I had one of THOSE days today too ("can I go back to bed now?!") and I don't even have a good excuse like being pregnant. Way to turn the blah around with a party. Alison is one lucky girl!

Carrie said...

What a good mom - making cupcakes for a party to spice up a rotten day. Especially making cupcakes when you feel so sick. I would've just turned on a show - you are mother of the year for sure. Hang in there!

Jen said...

It seems like I have grouchy days more than I have sweet/nice days. You really know how to make it up! I hope that you start feeling better soon.

Kelli said...

Oh Cara, you are an awesome Mommy...It's tough to be happy/patient mommy when you don't feel good, that's for sure. But I also think it's good for kids to know that grouchy side of mommy too. Helps to keep them in line and maybe appreciate happy mommy a little bit more (at least that's what I keep telling myself)...Hang in there!

carroll family said...

i can't believe how much she looks like you. she is getting so big!!! she is beautiful! and, i'm so glad you have those days....i had so many of those before elise was born. it has been so much better since she was born....hmmmmm, hormones maybe? that's what i'll blame it on :)