So, I have some of the best friends EVER and that also includes the BEST HUSBAND EVER!! Back in August, Jeff told me that there was a huge gun show in Houston and he wanted to go. I was thrilled with the idea of the almost 4 hour drive because I had been missing my H-Town buddies like crazy! The big gun show was being held over Labor Day weekend, so we made plans and headed down. Saturday night my friend Kelli A. said that there was going to be a Girl's Night at Kelly S. which was perfect because then I would get to see a bunch of my friends. We went and walked in the door and...it was a surprise baby shower for me!!!!! It was so great!! And, because there were a lot of witnesses I can't deny that there were a few tears :) What great people! Here I had been moved away for about 5 months and they still remembered me! Thanks Spring Chicks...you are the best!
And, as for the "gun show"...a joke! Just a reason that Jeff came up with to get us to Houston. He knows that I love surprises, and this was definitely one of the best!Jump ahead a month or so and here I am this last Sunday at 37 weeks! And, you might notice the haircut...I cut 10 inches off! I am ready, so ready for this little baby girl to arrive! I am scheduled to be induced October 13, but my fingers are crossed that she will decide to come a little early!! Here's to hoping!
(Please forgive the little crotch hold by Miss Allie)
5 months ago



11 comments:
What awesome friends! (and husband!) You look so amazing. I hope everything goes well for you in the next few weeks. The end is always so hard. Everyday seems like a month!
CUTE hair! Love it! You are so cute at 37 weeks!! And you're right your Houston friends are pretty freakin' cool ;)(and your husband too)! We loved doing it for you and it was so fun to surprise you! We love ya!
P.S. Love the picture above the fireplace-looks so nice!
Cute hair! Hope your last 3 weeks or so are as un-miserable as possible. :)
What a fun surprise! I love your hair and have to agree that you look great. Good luck with the next couple weeks. Take it easy and just enjoy some down-time :)
You are just too cute. And your house looks awesome too. Might just have to visit sometime.
What fun! I love surprises! I hope your next 10 days go by quickly and maybe she'll come early? Love the hair, so cute! It is nice to have a change once in a while. Hang in there. Can't wait to see the little Miss's debut!
You look so cute!!!! I know how you feel right now, so just remember what if fells like to finally be done and that will get you through the last days!!!!!
You are so stinkin' cute! You look just like you did when I first met you. The hair cut looks great and makes me want to take 10 inches off. I'm so sad we were out of town for your shower - but we did make sure your parents got some free teriyaki chicken. :)
What great friends you have! You look so cute! I am excited for your baby to be here--though probably not as excited as you are!
you are a very cute pregnant mom!!! i also love your shorter hair! i hope all goes well for the second one coming! can't wait to see new baby pictures!
Cara! Glad you got your frame. I don't feel like a dummy anymore. Your hair is so cute and Allison is getting so big! Take of yourself and good luck this week. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out. Thanks for the link, I will surely bookmark it.
Post a Comment