Monday, March 2, 2009

So close...and now so far away...


Everything was set, scheduled, and ready to go! We were going to close this Thursday and move into our new house (pic above) this Friday and life in Dallas would begin! But, that was not to be just yet I guess. This last Friday the whole deal fell apart. Buyer couldn't get financing. Now, we are back to square one. Finding a new realtor, listing the house, showings, and then (hopefully sooner rather than later) an acceptable offer. Ah, we were so close!

And, a huge thank you to the best friends ever, the Dondos, for an awesome going away party...too bad we aren't going anywhere yet! 

13 comments:

Beth said...

I see there is a star of Texas in the glass on your front door. How do you feel about that? :)

Jen said...

How frustrating! It is so stressful selling a house. I hope that you are holding up ok. Maybe you should put out that Santa decor in the bathroom... it could be good luck :)

Miriam said...

Oh no! How frustrating! I hope you find a buyer soon. So you've already bought the other house though? At least Jeff will have a place to live...

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry, but we'll enjoy having you around for a little while longer.

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Wow. I had no idea...what a crazy time you are having. So are you still going to be able to get the cute house pictured above??

Johnny and Kaley said...

What a bummer, I hope everything works out. Keep us updated we'll be thinking of you.

Kelli said...

So lame! But how great for us that you'll be here a little bit longer! Woo-hoo!

Mary Jane said...

What? How can we miss you if you don't go away? Just kidding, only kidding.You know we heart you! I really hope for the best of course that your home can sell super fast:) Best of LUCK!

MINDY and JARIN said...

That sucks I can't imagine how frustrating that would be. I am hoping to be at the class reunion we are working out schedules, I want to see everyone!!! I got to hang out with Tara (Fisher) Egan at Costco the other day. What a mom thing to do right!!!

The Gines Family said...

I had no idea you guys had a blog? i am excited to now know what is going on with ya down there in the big T! Love ya hope all is well!

Alison said...

That is so frustrating. I hope this is just a small setback and you will find yourself in Dallas in no time!

carroll family said...

SO frustrating. Glad things are going better now. What great friends to throw you a party. I will miss the Dondos :) You will have to visit them often for me :) And, we will have to visit them when i come to visit you :)

Anonymous said...

wow!! That's an amazing house you guys!! Congrats!! It's beautiful!!