Monday, January 26, 2009

Goodbye to our first home...



Although we did have something exciting happen today, my main purpose for blogging this evening is to get rid of some guilt. The guilt I feel when I see my blog's name at the very end of my friends' bloglist because it's been way over a month since I last posted.


So, our good news...we sold our house today!!!!!! Yeah, let the party begin! This pic is of the wonderful home that has been ours for the last 3 years. It is good news that we finally found a buyer, but it is bittersweet. This was our first home. It's the longest we've lived anywhere during our marriage! We brought Allie home from the hospital to this home and it's the only one she's known. It's been a great house, but I am having fun looking for a new one! I'm excited for our new adventures in Dallas!

I am just going to go ahead and get rid of the rest of the guilt I have been feeling for not posting about Christmas and just say that our holidays were GREAT! We loved spending 3 weeks in Idaho with family and meeting up with a few old friends. And, were reminded daily by the snow and cold temps of why we love living in Texas!


Phew! Wow! Guilt-free at last!

11 comments:

Johnny and Kaley said...

Congratulations on selling the house. That is exciting and now you can move to the next part of your life!

Terri said...

I am(sob)happy(tear)for you(sob).

Shana said...

So glad you sold your home! Hope your new one is just as full of memories as this one. :D

Lewis Family said...

We will miss yall so much! And by the way, I know how you feel about the house. We had the hardest time letting go of our first home. We put so much in to it, and so much happened there. I always want to go drive by it when we're in UT, but I never do anymore because the new owners don't take care of it, and it hurts to see something I loved so much treated so poorly.)

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Yay for you guys! That is so exciting! I'm sad to say though that all along we have been secretly plotting for things to not work out...we'll miss you tons!

Miriam said...

Wow! I guess those prayers I was saying worked! Ok, I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Congrats. Now onto a new adventure. And I'm sorry to say this, but that was not really posting about your holidays! Oh well, whatever makes you feel less guilty! :) I should talk, I hardly ever update my blog. Good luck finding a new house.

Jen said...

Congrats on selling the house! That was speedy. Good luck finding a new home!

I'm trying to convince Dan that we want to move to Texas when he is done with school. He likes the winter weather of the North, while I would like to be warm in January!

Andersen Family said...

Congrats Cara! That is awesome you sold, and sad that you are moving. We will miss you so much in our ward!

Ricky, Becky, Brooklyn and Addison said...

Congratulations you guys!! Were so excited that you will be living a little bit closer to us. Well have to celebrate while your up here house hunting!!!

Mary Jane said...

Congratulations- there are better things for you ahead. I am happy for your new adventure and your new friendships. I will miss you so much and I'm glad that we were able to be friends while you were here. You will be missed and I just think Allison is a doll and very lucky to have you and Jeff as parents- you guys are just great people.

MINDY and JARIN said...

I'm glad you finally sold your house!! Probably a BIG stress reliever. I never made it back to Idaho for the holidays, my parents came to my house. I was hoping to get together for lunch if I was able to make it up. Is the next time you are coming for the reunion?