Yeah, Allison has said goodbye to her long time pal, The Binkie! For the last 6 months or so she has actually had 2 binkies. She would suck on one and share the other one with characters in her books, or "Miss Kitty" (her favorite, Hello Kitty!) or anyone or anything else that she thought looked in need. After reading about this idea in a parenting magazine and then seeing that a friend of mine did it (Thanks, Cindy!), I decided it was time for Binkie to float away! We tied her binkie (just one of them cuz two was too heavy) to some balloons and let it go! Allison loved it! When I ask her now what happened to her binkie, she says, "Binkies float high in the sky. They go to another girl who needs 'em. I don't need 'em anymore cuz I'm a big girl!" We waited for Jeff to come home from work to let the balloons go. I thought it was so cute that he wanted to be there for this big moment in Allison's life ;)
5 months ago



13 comments:
Good idea, I'm so glad that she's doing so well without her binkie. It's a rought life, my guys had a hard time giving up their sippy-cups!
So cute!
What a great idea. How would that be done with a thumb though?
Hey... I am home finally. Are you on my space or facebook? If so, maybe we can chat sometime. I would love it. If not, e-mail me...mayjay21@yahoo. It sounds like you are having way too much fun in Texas. I'm so jealous of all your concert trips.
What a darling idea!! You are such a cute mom!!!
I agree with merrill fam...how do you get rid of the thumb? My little Jared will be 2 in September and I don't see any end in sight with the thumb sucking!
Love the pictures! Hopefully Danny will adjust as well as Allison has. I can't believe she's such a big girl!
That is the cutest way of getting rid of the binkie I have ever heard of!!
That is a cute idea! We just got rid of Taylor's binky and I miss it more than him! It was a rough couple of nights but finally I think he has forgotten about it.
I'm so glad that we are connected now, and we will be able to see what is going on in Texas. I can't believe how grown up Allison is! What a cute binkie idea! We will have to come visit! I look forward to keeping up on your blog and seeing your cute little family progress. We love and miss you guys!
good to see you this morning! i went on the longest run today...longer than i've gone in months, and that was difficult! i had to sprint to the gate to make it through before it closed, and i was sure panting after that! are you going to do a race for the cure team this year? i want to run, but i don't have the time or know how to put a team together. let me know! :)
What an awesom idea. Wow - we'll have to try that with Micah sometime. You guys are looking so great. I just love you guys. Hope everything is going great.
Glad to hear you guys are ok through the storm! I LOVE this idea about to say goodbye to a binkie! I'll have to remember it for my little girl. We lost Maxwell's bink in the airport last May and decided that was the time to say goodbye. Definitely not as cool as your method!
Post a Comment