Thursday, July 17, 2008

Miss Allison


It seems that everyday when Jeff gets home from work, I have about 50 funny or amazing stories to tell him about things that Allison did or said. She is seriously a crack up and it blows me away what a fast learner she is! Here are some of the latest things she is doing.
--She learned her ABC's.
--She counts to 16.
--She counts to 10...in Spanish! (Thanks go to Dora and Diego for that one!)
--She loves to tell me what she likes..."I like spiders, I like apples, I like stars, I like broccoli,...etc
--She has become the best little helper. Her new "chore" is to put away the silverware from the dishwasher and she does so good! She also helps me put away folded laundry, pick weeds, bring in the groceries, prepare meals (she loves to stir!), and dust the furniture! I guess I did not realize that kids could be so helpful at this age. It's great!!!
--Last night in the bath tub, she let a "tooter" (as she likes to call them) in the water, and looked at me with a look of amazement and said, "I squirt bubbles!" And, then she gave me this look, like "Mom, why didn't you tell me I could squirt bubbles? That's amazing!"
--One night, with the intent of encouraging this whole potty training thing, Jeff and I were telling Allison how fun and cool it is to use the potty. And, Jeff told her, "Allison, only cool people go in the potty." She giggled and said, "No...Daddy goes in the potty."
I know about 95% of my blog is about Allison, but what can I say, she is the center of our lives! We're so grateful that she's ours!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the bubble comment!

Terri said...

I like spiders too! What a cool girl! It is a fun age, and she's so smart!

Jen said...

Hi Kara-

You and Jeff have such a beautiful daughter! I love the things that little kids say...you never know what to expect. I'm jeleous that you get to see all those awesome 80's bands!

Erin said...

She is such a crack up!! She has some pretty funny parents so I know where she gets if from. I love the bath story, I was laughing so hard!

Kelli said...

I keep saying it and have said since Allie could talk-she's a freakin' genius! What a cutie pie and funny too!