Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Kids are BACK!!!

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK CONCERT, TOYOTA CENTER OCT 16TH 2008
There are a couple of stories to go along with this post:
1) Many, many years ago during the height of New Kids stardom, my older sisters got tickets to their concert in Salt Lake. It so happened that they had an extra ticket. I begged and begged for that extra ticket. Did I get it? NO. Who did? MY MOM. Why? Because the girls needed a "chaperon". I was a little bitter.
(PS. Just a note, being a mother myself now, I actually need to thank my mother for not allowing me at 8 years old to go. I think of letting my daughter do something like that, and it ain't happen! So, thanks Mom...I love you and you are forgiven.)
2) My sweet friend Kelly, I'm so sorry that you didn't get to go with me to the concert! I still can't believe that your baby came 6 weeks early and just 3 days before the concert! But, I am so happy that little baby Grant is here and doing so well!!! Congrats to your fam! Hopefully it won't be another 20 years before you get to see NKOTB...um, then the New Kids would be like 60...ugh, not so "new".
3) Thanks KK for filling in! Thanks for always being willing to step in when I need a date to a concert!

I have to admit, I went to this concert with low expectations. I was pretty crazy for them 20 years ago, but only because they were cute, not for their musical abilities. And, let's face it, 20 years isn't going to help either of those qualities. I wanted to go just so I could say I had gone and because I had wanted to go as a little girl! Surprisingly though, the boys put on a pretty entertaining show! I have been to several concerts this year, and I have never heard the crowd go so crazy! I had forgotten how they all stand at their microphones and do their little drill-team-like moves while they sing...hilarious!
Kelli and I


When they first came out and started dancing, Kelli started laughing so hard she had tears rolling down her cheeks. She stopped when we got some bad looks from fans around us.

I have a video of their opening that wouldn't post for some reason. I'll work on it!

7 comments:

Shana said...

Way to go Cara. You're livin' the dream! :D Ha ha. Looks like y'all had fun though.

Carrie said...

Love the picture of Kelli - I know that she was just crying because she was so ecstatic to see NKOTB live though. It's a sign of a true fan - shedding real tears when they come out on stage.

McKell&Janeene said...

Cara! Your little girl is so cute! I can't believe how big she is. Will you be in ID for Christmas? We will be there! I totally loved New Kids when I was little. Love ya lots!

Kelli said...

Cute background--thanks for helping me figure out mine--I'm a doofus. Which is pretty obvious by the pictures of me at the concert...Although I'm too old (and thought I was too cool) to like boy bands like NKOTB, I must admit, it was a very entertaining concert. I was pretty impressed with their dance moves, especially the drill team ones (still makes me giggle). Thanks for a fun time!

carroll family said...

so, where are the new kids songs on your playlist? I was ready for some memories :) Sorry you didn't get to come with us to the concert when you were 8, I hardly remember it, other than we were so far up in the stadium you could hardly see them on stage. That's when I understood what they meant by 'nosebleed' seats. Glad you got to experience it now :)

Kelly said...

YOu guys all crack me up...yes Cara I am sorry too that I was unable to go the concert with you! Maybe they will come back and I will get to go! I'm so glad Kelli could take my place, I didn't want you to have to wave your arms for Hangin Tough all by yourself! It's too bad I couldn't experience KNOTB with you guys but I was there in Spirit! I'm so glad you guys had a good time!!!

Terri said...

I am so glad that you got to go, and I get to make fun of you for it! No really, I LOVE the picture of Kelli, and feel so bad for Kelly! I am glad eveyone had fun! I am our concert got canceled, we'll have to plan another one.