Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Little Lisey is here!

In true Cara-fashion, here I am announcing the birth of our little Lisey almost two weeks late!
I was induced on October 13th. Here is my last pic before heading to the hospital at 5:00 am. We owe a huge thanks to my friend, Brittney, for watching Allie for a couple of days for us!
Everything went so quick and smooth with the induction and she was born at 2:59 pm.
Lisey Mae (pronounced Lee-see)
7 lbs 19 1/2 inches

These past two weeks have gone so fast! We are so glad that Lisey is here and is healthy!! Allison absolutely loves her to death! She loves to go and check on her for me. Although this last week, Allison has started being so sassy! I am attributing it to the new baby...what do you think? And, what do I do?!
Jeff has been amazing! He was able to stay home for a week and a half with us. He did everything around here and made sure that I got a nap everyday and was in bed by 8! Loved it!!
I feel like we are transitioning pretty well into a family of four. I did forget how much time a newborn takes...but am enjoying every minute of it!!

9 comments:

McKell&Janeene said...

Adorable!

Jen said...

She really is a beautiful baby and you look great, both before and afeter! I love her name and thanks for telling me how to pronounce it. I was always so grateful that Dan was able to take time off after I had each of the boys. They are so helpful! Take care and keep the pictures coming :) (Like I'm one to speak... I still need to blog our ENTIRE summer...)

Unknown said...

cara i love it she is so gorgeous!! two girls are so much fun. i have been using cambria outfits that i have saved (and of course buying new ones!!) cambria went through a bathroom phase, she wouldn't go by herself. it took months to get through it. i figured it was because of a new baby in the house. now i hear them laughing in their room till 10pm. silly fun girls!!

Laura and Bryan said...

Love the name! You look so cute 9 months preg! I am glad that things went smooth for you and that you get to take a daily nap. You are making it sound easy:)

Singled Out said...

Oh Cara! Why can't you still be in Houston so we could see your cute new addition in person!?!!? She's a doll, just like her older sister. I hope we can see all y'all before Ethan and Allie's wedding:-).

Kristi

Jana said...

Congratulations Cara! Lisey is just beautiful!

Harley said...

Awww, she is so precious! I can't wait to hear all of the fun memories your two girls will make. You look wonderful & have a beautiful foursome! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MINDY and JARIN said...

So glad everything went so well. It was so good to see you this summer, your girls are adorable.